Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > Like Dragonflies

Like Dragonflies by K.  Webster

bookshelves: best-books-of-march

description
descriptionIt is no secret that K Webster is one of my all-time favorite authors, and I especially love when she dips her toe into the "taboo", or in this case plunges her whole body into it. I LOVED this book SO much. You'd never guess this was done by two different authors. It was seamlessly written and executed. Yes, the subject is highly taboo, and people will probably lose their sh!t (lol), but putting that aside, this was an incredibly sweet romance about two people who find their soulmate. Who am I to pass judgment on them?

description
So onto to the deets...as I mentioned, this was phenomenally well written. In a lot of coauthored books it is easy to tell what author wrote what part of the book (or character), but I dare you to try to guess in this one. I have read nothing by Danielle James before, but I am well acquainted with K, and I have no idea who wrote what. (lol) It was a fairly quick read as well. Clocking in at around two hours of reading time. It was told in a dual POV format. I didn't find it particularly angsty, and as I mentioned, the taboo issue aside, it was really an insta-love sweet type of story. There was no OW or OM drama. Hero wasn't a manwhore (21 years old). Heroine was a virgin (18, almost 19 years old), so at least she was young enough to make it believable. This was also a fairly slow burn in terms of sex, but when we do get to the sex scenes, they were smokin' hot.

description
Both the main characters were extremely likable. Mars was sweet. Sexy. Working hard to get his life back on track. Sage was equally sweet. Wore her heart on her sleeve. I loved the growth she showed during the book, and how she stood up for Mars. There were a few interesting secondary characters, but by far my favorite was Charles (Sage's Dad). The world needs more people like him. Last, it was all wrapped up in a beautiful ending, and I appreciate that these authors didn't gloss over the reality of two half siblings (view spoiler)

I have little else left to say. I loved every page. Every chapter. Every sentence. Every word. I sincerely hope these two authors pair up again soon. I will be at the front of the line waiting to get my hands on an early copy!

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Like Dragonflies.

March 2, 2019 – Shelved
March 2, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
March 4, 2019 – Shelved as: march-arcs-to-review
March 5, 2019 – Started Reading
March 6, 2019 – Finished Reading
March 21, 2019 – Shelved as: best-books-of-march

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)

message 1: by Kathy K. (new)

Kathy K. Great,review! It is on my tbr.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Kathy wrote: "Great,review! It is on my tbr."

Thank you! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :D

Kate's Corner Fab review hun

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Kate's Corner wrote: "Fab review hun"

Thanks, Sweets! :D

Tracy  ♥️♥️ Book Cravers Blog ♥️♥️ Love the review(and that fabulous dragonfly)! Added to my TBR

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Tracy ♥️♥️ wrote: "Love the review(and that fabulous dragonfly)! Added to my TBR"

Thank you! :D

message 7: by Kathy K. (new)

Kathy K. Great review!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Kathy wrote: "Great review!"

Thank you!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Awesome review Eve!! Can't wait to read this!! xox

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ wrote: "Awesome review Eve!! Can't wait to read this!! xox"

Thanks, Kat! I think you'll enjoy it! :D

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ Wonderfully written review, Eve! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

message 12: by Carlene Inspired (new)

Carlene Inspired Wow, stunning review, Eve! Glad this was a win! xx

-S♡ Counting down the hours I can get my hands on this book! Fantastic review Eve! xoox

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡ wrote: "Wonderfully written review, Eve! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)"

Thank you! :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Carlene Inspired wrote: "Wow, stunning review, Eve! Glad this was a win! xx"

Thank you! :D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) -S♡ wrote: "Counting down the hours I can get my hands on this book! Fantastic review Eve! xoox"

Thank you! It is well worth the wait! ;D

message 17: by SansaReads (new)

SansaReads Oh yay!!! I was so excited for this, now I’m going to be impatient. Great review.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) SansaReads wrote: "Oh yay!!! I was so excited for this, now I’m going to be impatient. Great review."

Thank you! It was SOOO good! :D

message 19: by Lynn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lynn I can't find it on Amazon. I checked K. Websters page. Is it published?

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Lynn wrote: "I can't find it on Amazon. I checked K. Websters page. Is it published?"

It will not be available on Amazon. It is up on a new website called Eden Books https://edenbooks.org/product/like-dr...

message 21: by Lynn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lynn Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Lynn wrote: "I can't find it on Amazon. I checked K. Websters page. Is it published?"

Thank you, Eve. I'm not familiar with that site.

message 22: by Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) (last edited Mar 07, 2019 08:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Lynn wrote: "Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) wrote: "Lynn wrote: "I can't find it on Amazon. I checked K. Websters page. Is it published?"

It will not be available on Amazon. It is up on a new website cal..."

It is brand new. They opened on the 1st. They created it so they could avoid all the hassle of Amazon..I think. (lol)

message 23: by Lynn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lynn I wish it were on Amazon. I read using Kindle Cloud Reader on my lap top and if I have books sent to my kindle they go to Docs and I have to read them using my phone. I hate reading on my phone because it strains my eyes. Sucks too because I like forbidden romance and it's been a while since I've read a good step-brother read. Do you know if it's on Kobo? Or only this site?

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) I am not sure, but just to be 100% clear it isn't (view spoiler) Maybe try messaging K and asking if it will be available elsewhere? She is SUPER sweet and I am sure she won't mind! 😁

message 25: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie Deskins It's Only on this site. She said it is exclusively with this site.

message 26: by CC (new) - rated it 4 stars

CC Great review, Eve! Glad you enjoyed! ;D

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) CC wrote: "Great review, Eve! Glad you enjoyed! ;D"

Stephanie wrote: "It's Only on this site. She said it is exclusively with this site."

Thanks, CC! :D

message 28: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Great review! I have been so curious about this one!

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) AJ wrote: "Great review! I have been so curious about this one!"

Thank you! :D

message 30: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Terrific Review Eve :)

message 32: by Akina (new)

Akina Sounds like a good one. Thanks.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Akina wrote: "Sounds like a good one. Thanks."

It was really good! :D

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Great review, sweetie!!! xox

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "Great review, sweetie!!! xox"

Thanks, Doll! :D