Harley's Reviews > The Lightning Thief

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Feb 06, 2012

Read from July 08 to 19, 2016

I think this is the third time I've read this book?? It's been so long I have no idea. This series is like I was with Harry Potter, read the first couple of books took too long to continue and had to reread and the cycle repeats.

Percy is an incredible sassy twelve year old and I always find myself forgetting he's twelve. He's out there doing all this cool, dangerous stuff. You know what I was doing when I was twelve? I was sitting inside watching tv and playing make-believe pretending I was a vet taking care of stuffed animals. Percy's a pretty ballsy kid.

I really liked the trio of Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. I thought they played off each other well. Percy and Annabeth's relationship was my favorite though. I can't wait to see how that develops.

And Camp Half-Blood is really cool. Can I attend please?

Giving it a 4.5 stars overall, I was experiencing some reading trouble during this otherwise I'd probably have given it a 5. Here's hoping I can find out what happens beyond book 2! Let this be the year I finish Percy Jackson & the Olympians!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightning Thief.

07/21/2016 marked as: read