Linda Lipko's Reviews > Tony and Susan

Tony and Susan by Austin Wright

liked it
bookshelves: acquired-in-2019

Incredibly haunting and stark. This book took me well out of my comfort zone. Very well written with a plot that scares. Often I wanted to put this book down, but I was compelled to finish.

When Tony, his wife Susan and daughter Helen take their usual vacation drive to their Maine home, they decide to be adventurous and drive to Maine throughout the long, dark night. All is well as they attempt to fulfill their decision, until along a back road Pennsylvania, off the interstate area, they are forced into a dangerous car game.

While the car in front slows to a slow pace, the one in back is right on their bumper. Closing in on the family, to no avail he attempts to pass as the front car speeds up and follows in the left lane blocking his progress.

A fatal mistake is made as they are pulled over because of a flat tire. From there the book grows darker and more dangerous. As they attackers fix the tire and a few get into Tony's car as they force him to leave his daughter and wife and make him drive in their car. As he watches the car with his family fade into the distance, the terror continues.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tony and Susan.

Started Reading