Katie's Reviews > The Slip Series Collection

bookshelves: 5-star

The Slip Series Collection
By Gwyn McNamee
5 stars

This is a fantastic box set of stories – all of them are absolutely hilarious! I love this author and her books never fail to entertain me. I am always dragged straight into her stories and the characters she creates are wonderful. This box set includes D*ckslip, Nipslip and Beaver Blunder.

D*ckslip – Book 1
Oh my god this book had me full on laughing out loud by the end of the first few pages. There was nothing missing from this book, apart from the fact it ended! I could have read about Andy (Andrea) and Rafe forever. Andy was a great character, she stood up for what she believed and tried not to back down in a male dominated workplace. Poor Rafe, I did feel for him but for some reason I wish I was at that basketball game!! *wink wink* I really like his character as he was genuinely a lovely person.
I really did love everything about this book and loved that it wasn’t predictable. It was as I expected from this author brilliantly written, fantastic characters and a great storyline. The secondary characters were also great especially Rafe’s (older by 6 minutes) sister, she made me laugh a few times!

Nipslip – Book 2
I know by now that whenever I pick up a book by this author I am in for an entertaining read and NipSlip was no different. Having just read and loved DickSlip I was really looking forward to another romantic comedy to laugh at and laugh I did at this book! I loved it from beginning to end.
I just loved Riley and Tate. Poor Riley I really did feel sorry for her with her wardrobe malfunction, but it did make me chuckle! I loved the chemistry between the two; I was definitely rooting for them the whole way through. I think I might just be a little bit in love with Tate if I am completely honest!!

Beaver Blunder – Book 3

After reading the first two books in this series I had no idea where the author would go with any subsequent stories but she has absolutely knocked it out of the park with this book! I was literally crying at some parts (crying from laughter I should add). I know when I read a book from Gwyn McNamee not to even bother doing anything else because I won’t be able to take my eyes off my kindle screen and that was true again! I loved by D*ck slip and Nip Slip but this one is my absolute favourite! I loved all of the characters, especially Maddie and Owen and it was great to see characters from previous stories appear too! Maddie, that poor, poor girl. I really did feel sorry for her! But I loved her tenacity and the way in which she was determined to get back to work despite what happened. I loved the connection between her and Owen and well I have got to be honest I am totally in love with Owen – completely and utterly head over heels in love with him! I don’t know how this author manages to come up with such amazing characters who are never the same! She truly is a literary master!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Slip Series Collection.

Started Reading