Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Eli's Triumph

Eli's Triumph by Joanna Wylde

liked it
bookshelves: 2019, arc, motorcycle-club, romance

Peach Taylor and Eli King have known each other practically their whole lives. Peach was eight when eleven-year-old Eli joined her mother and Gus. Gus is Eli's uncle. Peach didn't like losing Gus' attention. She started making Eli's life miserable.

A couple of decades later, Peach is working at the Starkwood Saloon. She has been helping Gus for years. Then she learns that despite wanting to buy it, Gus is selling it to Eli and not her. Talk about mad. Peach wants to punch both of them. It doesn't matter that the Reapers like to hang at the bar. She knows to keep quiet but losing the bar is not something she can do without putting up a fight.

Joanna's Reapers MC series is one of my favorite MC series. The characters are memorable and likable. Most of them are antiheroes. Eli fits with this profile. Someone who has already been to prison (for 5 years) after doing something illegal. Eli believes in the Club. He will do anything to protect it and sometimes that means doing what needs to be done without caring about the consequences.

Peach was harder to like. She was mean to Eli as a kid which forced Eli to retaliate after her attacks. As an adult, I felt she should've known better. If she was miserable with Eli winning the war for the Starkwood Saloon, she could've quit and found a new job without the drama. Notwithstanding, Peach grew on me in the last third of the novella and by the end, I was happy with how the story was developing.

The end felt rushed but this might be just me. Even though my brain knows that a novella should be short, I couldn't help but feel like I needed much more.

Cliffhanger: No

3.5/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eli's Triumph.

February 28, 2019 – Shelved
February 28, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
May 1, 2019 – Started Reading
May 1, 2019 – Finished Reading
May 4, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
May 4, 2019 – Shelved as: arc
May 4, 2019 – Shelved as: motorcycle-club
May 4, 2019 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Lori Nope wasn't just you. The ending did feel rushed.

Sheyla ✎ Lori wrote: "Nope wasn't just you. The ending did feel rushed."
Glad I'm not the only one.