Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)'s Reviews > The Kiss Quotient

The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang

Initial Impressions 2/28/19: I really enjoyed this book! The writing was so enjoyable and it was so easy to just fall into this story and be welcomed in by the characters. It was a cute, quick, fun, and meaningful read.

I really liked the inclusion and representation of Stella's autism/Asperger's and from what I know of it, I thought it was brought into the story and represented really well. It's noted in the author's bio that she is also on the autism spectrum so we can see her accurate representation of this in Stella's character and I just really loved how it not only includes this character but also educates readers and shows what life can be like on a day to day basis as shown through Stella's relationships, interactions, routines, and just daily situations.

The romance was SO cute I loved seeing Michael and Stella immediately fall for each other even though they weren't "supposed to". Michael treated Stella so well and I loved seeing a male protagonist stand up for a woman and treat women respectfully. There was just something so refreshing about the interactions between Michael and Stella that just made me so happy!

I kept waiting for the inevitable conflict and fight to pop up but things were going so well that I couldn't tell where it was going to come from! Once it started to appear, I caught on and it was reassuring that even though the characters almost always make up, this one I knew they'd make up from! It was a really great romance and such a fun read. I really look forward to reading more from Helen Hoang!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kiss Quotient.

February 28, 2019 – Started Reading