Brenda's Reviews > Norah of Billabong

Norah of Billabong by Mary Grant Bruce

bookshelves: 2018-release, classics, young-adult, 5000-2019, aussie-authors, own-read, read-on-kindle

Norah and her friend Jean were delighted the last day of boarding school had finally arrived. Not seeing her father and brother plus her beloved Billabong for ten months had been hard to take. But after some shopping in Melbourne, Mr Linton, Jim and his friend Wally, as well as Norah and Jean, were on the train and heading for home. The excitement of seeing Billabong again, Brownie and the men, the horses – Norah hoped the holidays wouldn’t go too quickly.

It was after Christmas, and the middle of the night when the crackling of fire woke them – the devastation of the stables (Norah managed to get the horses out) and part of the homestead was complete. But the reason it started – and why – was one they were all determined to discover.

Norah of Billabong is the 3rd in the Billabong series by Aussie author Mary Grant Bruce, and as with the others, I loved it. Originally published in 1913, the Billabong stories have been popular through the years with both young and old. Old-fashioned writing which is easily readable, the series is an Aussie classic. Recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Norah of Billabong.

February 27, 2019 – Shelved
April 21, 2019 – Shelved as: aussie-authors
April 21, 2019 – Shelved as: own-read
April 21, 2019 – Shelved as: read-on-kindle
April 22, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn I've not heard of this series before Brenda, but they sound like Aussie classics.

Brenda They sure are Carolyn :) Loads of people (our age) read them when they were children. I can't remember doing so and I'm really enjoying them now :)