Charlene's Reviews > The Journey

The Journey by Jan Hahn

Feb 06, 2012

WOW I really did like this story!! I really would rate it 41/2 stars. Her first book was definitely better but not by much.
This alternative has Elizabeth's father asking Mr Bingley to escort Lizzy to london to her Aunt and Uncle Gardeners house to avoid her mothers wrath over her refusing Mr Collins. Unfortunately Mr Bingley is unable to go with the party, but Mr Darcy, Miss Bingley and Mrs Hurst are all in the carriage together. On the way to London they are robbed by some Highwaymen and they try to take Elizabeth and Darcy comes to her rescue by stating she is his wife and to take him instead. They take them both and so the journey begins. This journey allows them to get to understand each other but like a good story they still misunderstand each other and the road past the abduction is a long and hard path for each of them. I enjoyed this story and whats more I feel that Darcy and Lizzy were true to there characters most of the time. Definitely worth reading!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Journey.

February 6, 2012 – Shelved
February 11, 2012 – Started Reading
February 12, 2012 –
page 75
28.41% "Ohhh how I love this book!!!! Jan has done it again. I won't be able to put this down until I'm done"
February 12, 2012 – Finished Reading