Roxs Reads's Reviews > She's MINE: a Captive Romance

She's MINE by Ellie Masters

bookshelves: action, angst, arc, bdsm, m-s, dark-romance, suspense, twists

This Captive Slave Story Kept Me Totally Captivated!

I’m quickly becoming a fan of Ellie Masters. She dives into dark romance with no holds barred. She delivers suspenseful and intense stories with a dramatic flare that take me to forbidden places which allow my secret guilty pleasures to get their fix. Her stories captivate and ignite a side of me that I didn’t know existed. She lets me escape into worlds I would never have the courage to venture into on my own.

She’s Mine is a captive slave story, which is full of intriguing twists to keep the reader guessing, wondering, and questioning who is slave to whom. I was captivated from the start, had visions of where I saw this story progressing, and then saw those visions go up in smoke as the author had other plans for Raven.

Raven is a strong female character and she is not easily manipulated or forced into a life she does not choose. She is steadfast in her will and fights her traitorous body until the end. Master Xavier seems to have met his match with his new possession. He has a commanding persona and had me caught in his web of obedience. This character stayed in my head long after the story was done.

This book moves along at a break-neck pace and kind of had my head spinning at times. The secrets that are slowly revealed left me questioning many things. All seems to be revealed in the end, leaving no stone unturned, but it did leave me feeling a bit of a void. Xavier and Raven have a love for each other that completes the other, and we spend most of the book watching them discover that need. The ending was just too quick for me. I wanted and NEEDED time to bask in their love for each other, to experience the magic of them together. So much time and energy was spent building up the heat and passion between these two. I feel like the author skipped over the most important scene in the book, the one everyone was waiting for. In this, I feel somewhat cheated.

The story has left me hoping there will be more to come in this world as I enjoyed many of the side characters and want to hear their stories. I’d also love to see She’s Mine go full-circle, to see vengeance won. I could definitely withstand a little more of Master and Raven.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She's MINE.

February 26, 2019 – Started Reading