Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > The Last Letter

The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-kittyangel

There it is … read the blurb … start crying now. But, don't stop reading after the blurb. Keep reading The Last Letter. I promise, guarantee you, you will not be disappointed in the least. This is the most beautiful emotional, extraordinary, haunting, gut-wrenching story that Rebecca Yarros has written.

Beckett and Ella. There is no way to describe them, their relationship, what they meant to each other before and after the last letter. Beckett had a tortured past. Ella was having a tortured present. He has a secret, she's an open book. Together they could overcome all odds. Apart, the ghosts haunt and life is truly difficult. But, as the story continues and we really get to know both of them and the children, you know that life is either going to tear them apart or solidify their love. Read on to find out how life does both.

I was not surprised with how wonderful this story was. Rebecca Yarros knows how to breath life into her characters and embed them into your heart. Her writing is amazing. She knows how to write emotions and brings them across so fluently that you can't help but feel them. I have not idea how to get across what this book did to me. Yes, I cried. But, I smiled too. There were so many poignant moments that will have your heart breaking only to have it patched back together again later in the story. But, honestly, this book took a lot of out of me. There was no possible way to pick up another book to start reading. It took me several days to even think about reading something else. I sat and thought about this story and wondered how people make it through what they went through. I thought about our Military families and cried for those that were left behind. I was truly lethargic when I finished reading The Last Letter for the first time. Yes, I actually read it a second time. I didn't want to stop … I didn't want it to end. I knew that I would ugly cry again but I had to reread it. I can honestly say that this is one of the best stories that I have ever read. I know that it will be number one on my Best Reads of 2019. Don't miss out on this beautiful, perfect story that deserves more than 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Letter.

Started Reading