Heather 123's Reviews > She's MINE: a Captive Romance

She's MINE by Ellie Masters

it was ok

This book was intriguing and kept me interested until the end, I'll give it that. So why the 2 star rating?

The author explains it in the very first couple of pages. The transition from captor to something more happens WAY too fast in this book. Clearly the author recognized this which is why she gave the warning to the readers. But instead of doing that, why not expand the book? This story easily had the ability for a 5 star rating if only the beginning was more realistic. I'm sorry, I just don't buy the kidnapped to become a sex slave young woman easily having such a positive, sexual reaction to her captor in the first meeting. I don't buy it! Yes of course it could happen, but it needs time to develop.

The story rivaled something Pepper Winters would write. She tells amazing, realistic dark romance stories some of which have the victim falling in love with her captor. The difference is she takes the victim on a journey long before the feelings start to develop.

When I first started reading this story, I thought perhaps Raven would fall for one of her guards. I could easily the bond between her and some of the guys. Whereas I really never felt the bond between her and Xavier.

There was also no real closure to the story. For the couple there was of course, but for everything else there wasn't.

** ARC received from Booksprout **

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She's MINE.

Started Reading