Linda Strong's Reviews > The Castle Mystery

The Castle Mystery by Faith Martin

bookshelves: netgalley-2019, read-in-2019

4.5 Stars

Please note this book was first published as “AN INVISIBLE MURDER” under Faith Martin’s pen name JOYCE CATO.

Jenny Starling is a mot unusual woman. Standing a tad over 6 feet, she's curvaceous with beautiful long dark hair, living the life she wants. She is a traveling cook and just from chance an amateur detective.

She's well known among law enforcement communities. Without meaning to, she's been involved in several murders and always seems to find the culprit before the officers can.

This time around she's been hired to cook for the owners of a real castle. She's only been there a day or two when one of the staff members is stabbed in the heart with a jeweled dagger. The castle is full of suspects ... either staff or relatives of the elderly owners.

Upon investigating with the police, they find that several of the people there should have been able to see exactly where the stabbing took place ... but no one remembers seeing or hearing anything.

There are plenty of suspects, many of whom had a motive. Several of them have secrets ... the kind of secrets that should never see the light of day.

This is a suspenseful mystery with varied and unique characters. The reader should pay attention to Henry ... he's a hoot... and he lightens the somber mood of the household.

Although 4th in the series, this can be easily read as a stand alone. As always, I highly recommend starting at the very beginning. These mysteries are suspenseful, tossed with a little humor, delicious sounding meals, and credible characters.

Many thanks to the the author / Joffe Books / Books n All Productions / Netgalley for the digital copy of this crime fiction. Opinions expressed here are unbiased and entirely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Castle Mystery.

February 20, 2019 – Started Reading
February 21, 2019 – Finished Reading
February 26, 2019 – Shelved
February 26, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley-2019
February 26, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2019

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Cheryl (new) - added it

Cheryl Awesome review! And man ..... you get to your books quickly. Lol.

Linda Strong Cheryl wrote: "Awesome review! And man ..... you get to your books quickly. Lol."

Thank you! I generally read a book (400 pages or under) a day. I don't sleep much, and I don't watch that much TV, so I read :-)