Angela's Reviews > Wanderer's Escape

Wanderer's Escape by Simon Goodson

F 50x66

liked it
bookshelves: science-fiction

Overall I enjoyed this story. I always wanted to know what happened next and I waited until I finished the second book before writing this review. The author's writing ability veers between clearly expressing past emotions relating to being a slave and giving a good pace to the action to truly horrendous teenage 'romance' and male/female interactions - especially at the beginning. I do truly like Jess and grow to like Ali but there is absolutely no reason for the two of them getting together in the beginning except hormones. I cringed. I'm too old to appreciate a junior high level of hormonal mood swings. But, after saying that, if you persevere, the author gets a little more experience under his belt (I feel like saying pun not intended?) and the relatability and believability gets better too. The further I get along in the story, the less tell and the more show the emotions get. I've now started the third story and he's still improving. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wanderer's Escape.

February 11, 2019 – Started Reading