Kelly (and the Book Boar)'s Reviews > I Owe You One

I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella

Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I just realized that the only Sophie Kinsella book I read before this is My Not So Perfect Life. I think I always have the intention of reading at least the first in the Shopaholic series, but then never get around to it. Nevertheless, as soon as I saw this on NetGalley I wanted to read it. Partially because my one experience with this author was a good one, but mainly because . . . . .

I have a massive girl crush on Isla Fisher and I want to cast her in the lead of every one of this author’s books. And guess what? She’d be perfect for this role too.

The story here is about “Fixie” – daughter, sister, employee extraordinaire, Fixie has spent her life being the “fixer” of other’s problems and always living by the motto “Family First.” Unfortunately for me, Fixie’s personality traits made me want to say . . . .

I could never get on the same page (no pun intended) with poor Fixie. From her childhood crush, to her worthless siblings, this girl was taken advantage of again and again and I just wanted to . . . . .

This was a miss for me, but only due to my own irritation. I’ll definitely still pick up whatever she releases next.

ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, NetGalley!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Owe You One.

February 25, 2019 – Started Reading
February 25, 2019 – Shelved
March 19, 2019 – Shelved as: arcs
March 19, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2019
March 19, 2019 – Shelved as: loveable-losers
March 19, 2019 – Shelved as: guilty-pleasure
March 19, 2019 – Shelved as: cluck-cluck-mothafucka
March 19, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa I started the audio and shut it off after 20 minutes. Wasn't in the mood!

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Nope. Did not like. This one is getting 2 Stars instead of 1 only because it's Sophie Kinsella.

message 3: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa I listened to the first hour or so and put it aside. Her voice grated on my nerves.

message 4: by Ɗẳɳ 2.☊ (new)

Ɗẳɳ  2.☊ OMG, worst name ever.

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Ɗẳɳ 2.☊ wrote: "OMG, worst name ever."

It really is. It was almost enough to make me not request it, but gotta chase that dragon, yo!

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Melissa wrote: "I listened to the first hour or so and put it aside. Her voice grated on my nerves."

I don't do audio very often (or rather, I don't do audio that's not read by the author very often), but I have at least one experience I can remember where the book got a low rating I'm pretty sure ONLY because of the narration.

message 7: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Awesomely reviewed!💖😉

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Kat wrote: "Awesomely reviewed!💖😉"

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Masterson I think I’ll probably skip this one. I’ve never read any of her books. Terrific review, Kelly!

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Jennifer wrote: "I think I’ll probably skip this one. I’ve never read any of her books. Terrific review, Kelly!"

I really did enjoy My Not So Perfect Life and I thought the Shopaholic movie was cute. I don't know why I don't seek her out more often when I want something light????