Peggy Jaeger's Reviews > After Hurricane Nina: Quinn's Resolution:

After Hurricane Nina by Katie O'Sullivan

I’m a huge fan of Katie O’Sullivan so when I heard she had a new book coming out, part of a collection titled HOT HUNKS – I knew I simply had to one-click this collection, and boy oh boy and I glad I did.
Katie’s addition to the anthology, QUINN’S RESOLUTION tells the tale of on the rise rock star Quinn MacDonald. Quinn and his band, DEAD BALL LINE, are filming their breakthrough-video on the island of Bali and living like rock star wannabes. In the middle of filming Quinn is called home for a family emergency and leaves the island right before a cyclone/hurricane hits it. When he finds out all of his band mates are dead, Quinn is devastated. When the band’s video is released and becomes an overnight hit, so does the lone survivor of the band: Quinn, something h e isn’t prepared for.
Life as a confirmed rock star is nothing like Quinn though it would be, especially since he can’t enjoy the success the band has garnered since the video was released. Chained to a music studio contract he doesn’t understand, the next year of Quinn’s life is spent making public appearances and living life in a depressed downward spiral in full public view. His reputation as a bad boy of rock and roll is solidified with each and every miss-step he makes in public.
On the way to yet another music award show, Quinn plays hooky, escaping into a darkened bar where he hopes no one recognizes him.
Unbeknown to him, Quinn is about to meet the person who will get his life back on track.
All Phoebe Snow has ever wanted to do is sing. Three jobs, including bar tending, pay the bills and afford her the opportunity for her band, NBT, to explore their music and try to get their name recognized in the music industry.
When Quinn meets Phoebe, he realizes she is the person who can help make him whole again.
The chemistry and the physical relationship between these two was so hot my Kindle almost cost fire while I was reading the story! Katie O’Sullivan has the unique writing ability to make words and descriptions leap off the page. I found myself fanning my sweating forehead several times when these two characters got physical. The sex aside, this is a great story about redemption, living with the choices we make, and the ability for hearts to heal after an insurmountable tragedy.
I highly recommend QUINN’S RESOLUTION, and really, ALL Miss O’Sullivan’s works. 5 stars from me ( wish I could give it more!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After Hurricane Nina.

February 24, 2019 – Started Reading