Eva Leger's Reviews > Deceit and Devotion

Deceit and Devotion by R.M. Johnson

Feb 05, 2012

bookshelves: b-urban-fiction, preqs-seqs-series

I'm not sure how but somehow Johnson manages to throw in more main and side characters than I usually like and do it gracefully. I don't find myself getting confused, having to try to keep track of this or that one, etc.
Johnson does tell a bit of background but take my advice - don't read these out of order. You'd be able too, probably, but you'll be much happier going the way they're written.
I didn't care too much for the no end ending - I hate when a book leaves off in such a manner - but I have to admit that now I'm looking forward to the next one.
The man can definitely write his ass off. I think the only books I've read so far are the three in this series but I'll most definitely be reading others in the coming years.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deceit and Devotion.

February 5, 2012 – Shelved
February 5, 2012 – Shelved as: b-urban-fiction
February 5, 2012 – Shelved as: preqs-seqs-series
December 29, 2012 – Started Reading
December 29, 2012 –
page 11
3.62% "started this morning - looks like it'll be as good as the first two.."
page 88
page 147
48.36% "Johnson is no joke. This one is just as terrific as the two that came before. THIS is what I like when it comes to urban fiction. THIS - and this author - proves urban fic can be done with class."
page 238