Michael Turashoff's Reviews > Don't Let Go

Don't Let Go by Harlan Coben

3222017

An excellent mystery! I loved it and since it is the first of Harlan Coben's books I've read in a while I see I need to do some catching up.

This story had everything I look for in a great Whodunit, like twists and turns, thrills and spills. Coben gives you all the clues you need to figure out the villain as the story progresses. Even with the level playing field, Coben is a master and the surprises last until the very last page.

Don't let the 4-stars fool you, this is an excellent story which I highly recommend to all my friends. Those friends already know how stingy I am with my stars and that it takes an earth-shattering novel to reach the ranks of 5-star statice.

However, I did have one issue with the book and that was with the main character. I just couldn't warm up to our hero in this one. In my opinion, he was very one dimensional and very uninteresting. I just felt like there wasn't much of a back story written for our detective and this is unusual for Coben because he is a great author.

But since it's my opinion, maybe it is just me, I would really like to hear the opinions of my friends on this topic in particular. Anyway, the important thing is that I thoroughly enjoyed the overall book and think anyone like who loves a great Whodunit like myself will enjoy it just the same.

Happy Reading
Michael

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Let Go.

February 24, 2019 – Started Reading
February 24, 2019 – Shelved
February 26, 2019 –
March 2, 2019 –
70.0% "Here is another great work I'm finding extremely difficult to put down. So much so, I finally decided I needed to get some work done. I like to eat ALMOST as much as I like to read a good book.

Once again, Harlan Coben is living up to my expectations with this book, it's full of twists, turns, surprises and mystery around every dark corner."
March 2, 2019 –
March 3, 2019 –
85.0% "Even excellenter than the last update"
March 4, 2019 –
March 4, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Tracy (new) - added it

Tracy Love Harlan Coben! Have not read this one as of yet, and looking forward to your review. :)

Michael Turashoff I've always liked him as well. This is the first book of his I've read in a couple years and I realize what I've been missing. If you're a true fan of his works you will love this one I can honestly say that right now.

I'm almost finished and I promise you will find a good review from another satisfied fan.

Thank you for your comment Tracy I hope you're having a great weekend.

message 3: by Tracy (new) - added it

Tracy Fantastic!
Have a good one, as well. :0 )