Kendall's Reviews > The Perfect Date

The Perfect Date by Evelyn Lozada

it was ok

I was super excited to read The Perfect Date by Evelyn Lozada. I mean look at that cover! Super cute :).

Unfortunately, this wasn't the best romantic read. I feel like this book was more of a drama than a rom-com?

I also wasn't a fan of Duke or Angel. Angel has a serious temper and blows up over everything. Duke was also annoying to me. He is recovering from a shooting and is a baseball player... he ignores everything the doctor's tell him and plays on his ankle. I just was more annoyed with the characters then rooting for his love story? Ugh...

Additionally, I think it may have been due to the advanced arc but the transitions into the different characters POV was confusing. There wasn't any chapter breaks/etc to break up the changes.

In my opinion, this wasn't a very memorable story and was super disappointed.

It was lacking emotion, depth, and overall characters that you can connect with!

Not sure if I was the right audience for this book but just fell extremely flat for me :(.

2.5 stars for The Perfect Date

Thank you so much to St. Martin's Press and Netgalley for the arc in exchange for an honest review.

Publication date: 6/11/19
Published to Goodreads: 2/24/19

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Date.

February 22, 2019 – Started Reading
February 24, 2019 – Shelved
February 24, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Sorry this wasn’t a better read for you, Kendall :( Terrific honesty and hope your next is a fantastic one!! 😊💜

message 2: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Oh no Kendall! Love your review and your honesty!! Hope your next is fab for you!! 💕

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Fantastic review, Kendall! I think I will pass on this one. Hope your next one is a lot better. ❤

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie Excellent review, Kendall!! I'm glad I passed on this one. 😊😊

message 5: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Ugh! I will pass! Sorry this was such a dud! Hope your next book is better!!

message 6: by Diane (new)

Diane Wallace Fair n honest review, Kendall

message 7: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Well, the good news is that I'm trying not to add more books to my TBR pile, so in that sense I'm glad it isn't one for me to add, but I'm disappointed for you. Nice and honest review, Kendall!