Melissa H's Reviews > The Unhoneymooners

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

bookshelves: hate-to-love, rom-com, new-adult, standalone

[5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️]

This was such a joy to read! I knew as soon as I heard that the book was a hate to love romance based in Hawaii I would immediately have to pick it up!

Olive is the type of woman who believes in good luck and bad luck. She is the twin that nothing good every happens too. Her sister wins everything, including her amazing wedding down to the buffet dinner. Unfortunately the bad fish leads to everyone in attendance to get food poisoning except for Olive and her archenemies, Ethan, the grooms brother. Ever since the two met Olive and Ethan have disliked each other over a plateful of cheese curds. Olive's sister insists that she take the all-inclusive FREE honeymoon trip to Hawaii. The only other person able to go... Ethan. They decided the benefits of a free trip to the island of Maui negates any cons of a 10 day trip with a person neither can stand and off they go! While on the trip to avoid charges of fraud they pretend they are married & cute adventures ensue.

Let's just say this was one of the funniest book's I've read this year and fell in love with the characters and their fighting from the beginning. Their banter back and forth was so entertaining to read and I smiled every time they called each other different names.

I read this book in one day and enjoying every moment of it. In a way I wish I saved this for a day at the pool because that would have made it even better. I honestly don't know what else to say about this book except for that it is the perfect summer read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unhoneymooners.

February 24, 2019 – Shelved
February 24, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
May 14, 2019 – Started Reading
May 14, 2019 – Finished Reading
June 17, 2019 – Shelved as: hate-to-love
June 17, 2019 – Shelved as: rom-com
June 17, 2019 – Shelved as: new-adult
June 17, 2019 – Shelved as: standalone

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS So glad to hear this was such a fun, entertaining read, Melissa!! I love this author duo. Fabulous review ;) 😘❤️

message 2: by NiCoLeTa E. (new)

NiCoLeTa E. Wonderful review, Melissa! 😘