Maria's Reviews > Hidden Star

Hidden Star by Nora Roberts

Feb 05, 2012

bookshelves: nora-roberts-re-reads, romance
Read from February 04 to 05, 2012

I enjoyed the fast pace of the book and the characters and how they interacted. There were a few places where the logic was questionable in that I felt the pace was disrupted by unexpected behavior or dialogue on the part of the hero or the heroine, i. e., there was no build up to cause the reader to expect the reaction that one or the other had. It was a bit disconcerting, because Ms. Roberts' main strengths are, in my opinion, the smooth flow of her writing and her imagery. The flow wasn't always smooth in this book. The main characters, Bailey (What a great name!) and Cade, are easy to like. I particularly loved Cade's reaction the first time he saw Bailey. "There you are. What took you so long." as if he had been waiting to meet her forever. I also loved that Bailey is fragile. She cries easily. She doesn't face up to problems that are too terrible to contemplate. She is not a super-heroine who can handle everything that is thrown at her as MJ does. She needs help. And she accepts it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden Star.