Blodeuedd Finland's Reviews > Backlash

Backlash by Sarah Darer Littman

1962503

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, audiobook, ya

I have listened a lot of emotional YA books since I started listening to audio, and this one deals with cyber bullying and suicide.

People are awful. Anyone who thinks that we ever will live in a nice world is sadly delusional. Ugh people! I understood one of them because people are idiots, but then this other bully, wtf is wrong with you! But then people are evil.

The books starts with Sydney finding her sister Lara in the bathroom. Lara who used to be overweight and has struggled with depression. And who was on her way to getting better. Poor Lara. Poor Sydney too, she is left behind at times when it was all Lara Lara. They both matter.

Then the book jumps back 2 months and we get to see how Lara meets the cutest boy online and starts to fall for him, until he posts on FB how she should just kill herself...

In that 2 month back we also get the POV of her evil ex bestie Bree, grrr, Bree! No, I could not feel sorry for you.

And Liam, Bree's brother. Him I could feel sorry for.

These 4 POVS deal with the aftermath. It makes me angry, it makes me sad. I will not mention the person I was maddest at, but it was so low, so low.

A good book about cyber bullying and the ramifications it can have.

Narrators
It had two. Liam got his own narrator, which worked well. There were 3 girl POVs anyway that had their own narrator.
I did like both, they did well with female and male voices. Young and old.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Backlash.

February 24, 2019 – Started Reading