Georgia Rose's Reviews > The Cleansing

The Cleansing by Anton Eine

I chose to read The Cleansing, a short story by Anton Eine, as a member of Rosie’s Book Review Team. I received a copy from the author but this does not alter my review in anyway.

An outsiders view of our world makes for interesting reading, and this is what this story is all about. Only 18 pages long the story is told from the viewpoint of the occupants of some sort of spacecraft whose mission appears to be to cleanse planets of inhabitants that these occupants consider to be debris.

Much in this tale was of interest to me. The fact that it is entirely written as dialogue between two individuals, with not one dialogue tag. And that I found myself smiling on occasion as I recognised descriptions contained in the data received about our world that clearly perplexed the onlookers. When you look at it from their point of view, yes, it is all a little baffling.

“I don’t even understand the point of them saving all these banal moments from individuals’ day-to-day lives. It seems pointless.”

So true. Anyway, this is an enjoyable, if short, tale and I note it is a translation, from what I’m not sure… maybe not a language currently on this planet? Recommended for a quick read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cleansing.

February 24, 2019 – Started Reading