Elle VDM's Reviews > Secrets and Shadows

6207847
Feb 05, 2012

bookshelves: wolves, aggravating-heroines
Read from February 05 to 06, 2012

I like the whole concept of werewolves that are "man-made". Basically I like the story.

BUT... I still don't know what the fuck is going on with Jess and Pietr! --> like seriously?! Okay, so basically Pietr is dating Jess' once-enemy-now-"best"-"friend" but Jess likes Pietr and Pietr likes her. They want to be together and Pietr is ready to ditch Sarah (the "best friend") but Jess is all "Noo... we have to do it gently 'cause she's my best friend.. blah-defucking-blah..." But! She asks Pietr to stop kissing Sarah 'cause "it really really REALLY hurts her", and to me its like "What the fuck? If you're boyfriend-girlfriend isn't that like one of the perks of having a boyfriend/girlfriend? To suck faces with each other as much as you want, even though you 're not really into her, but you're still together?" It just doesn't make sense to me because one minute Jess is saying she doesn't want to see any PDA's from Pietr and Sarah, then next thing you know, she's pushing Sarah towards Pietr, actually helping her deal with him!! I mean, I don't know about you, but if I want a couple separated so I can get the guy, I wouldn't help the chick with shit! So that's basically the only thing that bugged the fuck outta me. BIG TIME!.

There were ups for Jessie doing this with Pietr though, because Max gets to hit on Jess, and I ADORE MAX! I especially appreciated the whole party scene where Jess gets to play tongue hockey with Max for the first time! Adorable! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets and Shadows.