Jason Pettus's Reviews > Chocolate-Covered Eyes: A Sampler Of Horror

Chocolate-Covered Eyes by Lori R. Lopez

Feb 05, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary, horror, dark

This sampler of short horror pieces (both stories and gothic poems) by Lori R. Lopez just barely qualified in length to get reviewed here, with a reading experience to match -- it is certainly competently done, but with very traditional pieces that leave not much of an impression, the whole thing over and done before most people will even have a chance to let the work soak in. And while that's not bad, it's not that great either, a wispy collection that I don't have much to say about precisely because there's not a lot to say; and so I will instead give it a standard middle-of-the-road score, encourage horror fans to pick it up if they have a chance, and mention how much I'm looking forward to Lopez giving all of us something more substantial in the near future.

Out of 10: 7.5
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chocolate-Covered Eyes.