Justin's Reviews > The Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando 2019

The Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando 2019 by Seth Kubersky

bookshelves: books-about-travel

In 2018, my wife and I decided to go to Universal Orlando Resort. We had never been before but both of our Spring Breaks lined up, which rarely happens. In preparation for the trip a librarian friend of ours recommended that we check out the "Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando." We did and it really helped us have a successful trip.

My in-laws were excited by our 2018 trip stories and decided that they wanted to go at Christmas 2019. I love planning travel, especially to places I've been before, so I immediately go around to contacting the travel agent we used in 2018 and getting the ball rolling on reservations and airline tickets. I also went out and bought the 2019 version of the "Unofficial Guide." It was a good read, just like the 2018 version. What I didn't anticipate is that the writers of the "Unofficial Guides" usually write and publish each version of the guides in the early fall and release the books in December. So that means that the 2019 version was researched and published at the tail end of 2018.

2019 was a big year for UOR because of the opening of the new Hagrid ride as well as a new resort. The author's did their best to predict and share what information they had in the 2019 version, but since nothing was open at the time of writing, they weren't able to give a lot of concrete details. I'm not sorry I read it though. It reminded of a lot of good advice from the 2018 edition and helped me further shape how I'd like to tackle the parks.

I recommend this series a lot if you're going to Universal Orlando. Their advice and plans for when to ride certain rides helped us cut down our wait time and maximize the time we were in the parks.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando 2019.

February 23, 2019 – Started Reading