Elizabeth's Reviews > The Dysasters

The Dysasters by P.C. Cast

did not like it

Well, that was a book.

And honestly, if you've read my reviews for long, you know I really do hate writing negative reviews. Especially when a publisher is so kind as to send me a hardcopy ARC of their book. I want to enjoy what I read! And I don't think I'm THAT critical of a reviewer?

I look for a few simple things in books - well-rounded characters, engaging plot, and a great story. Unfortunately, the Dysasters just didn't have any of that.

The characters are very muddled and hard to udnerstand. The main characters remind me so much of City of Bones, from the way they're thrown together and the supposed chemistry, to their personality descriptions. A redheaded artistic main character? Clary 2.0. Sorry, but Foster just didn't have much going for her?
And the guy, Tate? He reminded me of an eggplant. There was just very little originality. His main selling point was he tried not to talk about Foster's boobs when the other guys were making locker room jokes. AND I DIDN'T WANT TO READ THOSE JOKES ON PAGE. I wanted to throw the book down when the boob talk happened in the second chapter.

While the plot was weird, the dialogue drove me up a wall. It was choppy and JUST DIDN'T MAKE SENSE. The directions conversations went just didn't flow. And that too a very weird plot and I was just lost.

Overall, I didn't have a clue what was happening. I was confused, annoyed, and bored. not exactly a great recipe for any book.

ARC provided by publisher for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dysasters.

February 23, 2019 – Started Reading