Sarah's Reviews > Blind Spot

Blind Spot by Laura Ellen

Blind Spot is an amazingly well written and layered story that will keep you turning pages until the very end.
Laura Ellen has created vivid characters that stay with you. Roz is a very real character who makes a lot of poor choices. I found myself wanting to yell at her repeatedly. (This is the sign that an author has achieved the ultimate goal: making you care about the character.)
Greg is one of the best teen characters I've seen in current literature. If only there were more Gregs in the world.
The mystery aspect of the book is complicated and masterfully unfolds. As we try to solve the murder with Roz, we also try to discover who Roz is and who she's going to become. I held my breath, hoping that things would turn out all right for her. The story progresses logically but kept me guessing right until the end. I found the ending to be immensely satisfying. The main plot didn't end up how I imagined, but I felt it was realistic and plausible. One of the subplots ended exactly how I hoped it would and, for me, that's all I needed to let my breath out and feel that I'd just taken an amazing journey with the author and her characters.
This book might challenge your perception of "disabled" people. It might also push you out of your comfort zone, but it's definitely worth it. I really enjoyed the book and I'm looking forward to more books by this author. If she could write a debut novel this intense and engrossing, I can't wait to see what she'll do next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blind Spot.

February 5, 2012 – Shelved
October 24, 2012 – Started Reading
October 26, 2012 –
page 40
11.9% "Didn't want to put it down. Can't wait to get back to it later today!"
October 26, 2012 –
page 218
October 28, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Kristin Lenz Me too!

Sarah I love it! Should have gone to bed hours ago. I wouldn't have put it down now but I really got to get some sleep. Got the little ones to look after bright and early.