Karen's Reviews > The Unwinding of the Miracle: A Memoir of Life, Death, and Everything That Comes After

The Unwinding of the Miracle by Julie Yip-Williams

190448

Reading two really sad books back to back was maybe not the best idea. Two books about death that both also have bits that are really hopeful and both remind you to live life.

Like The Bright Hour: A Memoir of Living and Dying and When Breath Becomes Air, this is a book about dying. The main character starts by telling you that they are dead by the time you read this.

Much of the book comes out of the blog Julie had while she lived with colon cancer. It's heart wrenching in bits, inspiring in others, and beautiful in yet others. What I really appreciated was the honesty she shares in its raw form in many, many parts of this book. The anger, the resentment, the frustration and the total unfairness of it all.

The whole time I was reading this book I was thinking that I need to be more grateful for my life. I am not that far from the age Julie died. Life is unpredictable and it's short and it can change on a dime. It's hard but important for me to remember.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unwinding of the Miracle.

February 23, 2019 – Started Reading