Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Horrorscape

Horrorscape by Nenia Campbell

Read 2 times. Last read May 4, 2020 to May 5, 2020.

Suspensful

5/5/20- re-reading the series in anticipation of reading the newly-released fourth book, and loved it just as much. This series is unlike anything else I've read.

Another satisfying turnout from Nenia Campbell! As with the previous book in the series it could benefit from a final proofread, but the bones are excellent. It is different and refreshing (in an insane way). I love me a crazy antagonist, and this book sure brings it with the crazy.

The author manages to make the villain here terrifying but also somewhat attractive. And it shames me to say that because he is unquestionably a psychopath. Still, there is something about his obsession, his drive to possess, his disregard for anything that might stand in his way, that is bizarrely hot. The author managed this in another series that I'd read from her as well. Anti-heroes are kind of a big thing in dark romance, but this author's books really take it to another level. These are not anti-heroes- these are genuine, irredeemable villains. And I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I like it.

I love this story idea- excellent and entertaining! The concept behind the main event in this book is reminiscent of a mashup of several classic thriller novels, suggesting that the villain might have been inspired by some of those books. I won't say any more lest I risk ruining the experience for anyone else.

Highly recommended!

Edit- revising my rating to five stars since I can definitely see a future re-read. That is where I set the bar for a five-star book, and this series definitely qualifies.

Find me at:
Instagram
Facebook
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Horrorscape.

February 23, 2019 – Shelved