Kat Snark's Reviews > Listen to Me

Listen to Me by Kristen Proby

22207986

liked it
bookshelves: romance, business-woman, contemporary, music, na, adult, bad-boy, chick-lit

Listen to Me: Sweet, sexy and light on drama. This seems to fit the bill for the books I've been reading lately and was exactly what I was looking for.

The main character is Addison Wade, co-owner of Seduction, a flirty and sexy restaurant she opened with her four other friends. She's a sucker for the bad-boy and always chooses the wrong man. So when Jake Keller, a famous musician, comes to audition for their live-music gig on Friday and Saturday nights, she has to tell herself to stay away ... to no avail :)

The courtship and wooing was so deliciously fun and flirty. Literally, I had such a great time watching them fall for each other. My only complaint was - though I chose this book to be light-hearted - the conflicts seemed flimsy and just an overreaction by the characters. The beginning of the book made up for it, but the conflict just seemed made up so they could get over it and love each other more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Listen to Me.

February 20, 2019 – Started Reading