Sammy Loves Books's Reviews > Devil's Daughter

Devil's Daughter by Lisa Kleypas

bookshelves: library-audio, historical-romance, man-whore, do-me-baby, my-perfect-man, smokin-hot-drippin-wet, the-dong-is-long, angst-upon-angst, he-owns-my-heart, best-sex-ever, favorites, currently-reading
Reading for the 3rd time. Most recently started October 19, 2019.

Re-reading to get ready for Chasing Cassandra's release
***5 "Reformed Rakes are Great Book Boyfriend" stars***

I've been so giddy with anticipation and Kleypas comes through with another winner!!!

description

Just when I'm not looking forward to a book or overly excited about a character, Wes Ravenel comes along and steals my heart right out of my chest! I mean, he's sexy as sin, honest to a fault, hard working, hung like a horse, and absolutely delicious in bed!

description

I love that he was once a rake and is now regretful of his behavior and how the people he care about must deal with his past reputation. He owns his past but he doesn't allow it to own him. He works hard and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty in the field with his tenants. And even though he cant't remember the last time he had a woman, the only woman he wants is Phoebe.

description

Phoebe is the widowed, wealthy daughter of a duke and has been in morning for two years. She promised her husband on his dying bed that she would allow his cousin to take care of her. But what happens when she falls in love with an ex-rake, 2nd son?

This book had me sucked in from the start. The story picks up during the week of Pandora's wedding as the Ravenels are introduced to their soon to be in-laws. I am not a fan of unnecessary angst and there was just enough angst to keep me pining for more of this couple.

My only complaint was that the ending felt rushed with no epilogue. But what can I say?...I'm a sucker for a juicy epilogue. I look forward to more of this series and can't wait to read about Beatrix!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil's Daughter.

February 22, 2019 – Shelved
April 7, 2019 – Started Reading
April 8, 2019 – Finished Reading
October 19, 2019 – Started Reading
October 19, 2019 – Started Reading
Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Treece Hi Sammy! I will be starting the audio version of this book later in the week. Enjoy!

Vanna Great review Sammy! So happy that you loved it too! 😁

Sammy Loves Books Treece wrote: "Hi Sammy! I will be starting the audio version of this book later in the week. Enjoy!"

Yay!! I hope you love it as much as I did!!!

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ Great review Sammy😘

Sammy Loves Books Vanna wrote: "Great review Sammy! So happy that you loved it too! 😁"

Thanks Vanna!!! This series just keeps getting better!!

Sammy Loves Books Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ wrote: "Great review Sammy😘"

Thanks Sweet D!!!

NinaReader Fabulous review! I couldn't wait for Wes' story and it did not disappoint!

Sammy Loves Books NinaReader wrote: "Fabulous review! I couldn't wait for Wes' story and it did not disappoint!"

Thanks so much Nina!! Wasn't he dreamy?

Treece Brilliant review, m'dear! Love, love the pictures. So glad it was a thrill. And Sebastian is a dreamy as ever *le sigh*

Sammy Loves Books Treece wrote: "Brilliant review, m'dear! Love, love the pictures. So glad it was a thrill. And Sebastian is a dreamy as ever *le sigh*"

Thanks hun!! Yeah, their dad is quite yummy!!