Marythios (AkaSusanne )'s Reviews > Fortunes of Blood

Fortunes of Blood by V.M. Tackett

liked it

This was a good book it was high octane from start to finish. The story kept me engaged it was also fast paced reading. Thomas Briggs was a one man wrecking crew. His special training made him the perfect person to clean the mob house out. My only complaint to the story is I thought the relationship to Thomas and Stefanni was rushed. I believe in love at first sight but even with that relationships take time to build trust and to me this part of the story could have been fleshed out more making the story longer instead of days turn the story into months. Then I could be convinced that love can flourish to the point it did. Briggs also seemed to be to much super human with a lot of luck on his side. This would have been a good episode on a FBI or police show on TV but even in that frame producers still have ways to show in an hour episode that there was time in between the incident and the end. I would read more from this author the book grabbed my attention from start to finish. I would give the book 3.5 stars if I could and if the story was fleshed out more I would definitely rate it higher like a 4.

I want to thank V.M. Tackett and Booktasters for allowing me to read the book for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fortunes of Blood.

February 22, 2019 – Started Reading