megs_bookrack's Reviews > Storm and Fury

Storm and Fury by Jennifer L. Armentrout

bookshelves: 2019-releases, ya-fantasy-to-read, arcs-to-read

**4.5-stars**

Demons and gargoyles and chosen ones...

18-year-old Trinity Marrow has a special gift. She can see and commune with ghosts and spirits. This isn't her only gift however, there is a lot about Trinity that is special.

Because of her unique nature, she has been hidden away at an isolated compound for years with the Wardens protecting her. What are Wardens, you may ask? They are a group of gargoyle shape-shifters protecting mankind from demons, of course.

Trinity spends her days wandering around the compound and training with her Warden protector, Misha. She also spends a lot of time with her chatty, ghost sidekick, Peanut.

I must confess, Peanut was probably my favorite character. He is so funny, stuck in the 80s, his pop culture references brought me back. Love you, Peanut!

When a group of Wardens from another clan arrives with news of vicious attacks going on outside the compound, attacks killing demons and Wardens alike, Trinity finally has something interesting to focus on. Spying on an official meeting, Trin gets caught by a member of the outside clan, Zayne, the most beautiful gargoyle to ever live...

When events occur that force Trinity and Zayne to leave the compound together, we all know where it's going...it's Jennifer L. Armentrout, y'all!

I really enjoyed this one and am totally kicking myself for putting it off for so long. It started a little slow for me but as soon as Trinity met Zayne, I was hooked.

There is a ton of action in here, some great fight scenes, humor, shocking revelations and a little bit of steam!

This story still has so much room to grow, as well, and left off in a superb spot for a sequel. I don't know how many books are planned to be part of The Harbinger series but you better believe, I want a front row seat for all of them!!!

Highly recommend for people looking to start a new YA Fantasy series with a touch of romance.

Thank you so much, Harlequin TEEN, for providing me with a copy of this beauty to read and review! I appreciate it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm and Fury.

February 22, 2019 – Shelved
November 15, 2019 –
November 15, 2019 –
November 19, 2019 –
November 19, 2019 –
47.0% "I put down some pages in this today!
It's really entertaining ❤"
November 20, 2019 –
November 22, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Seema Rao just read this one. enjoyable.

megs_bookrack Seema wrote: "just read this one. enjoyable." Did you!? I will have to look for your review. I love the cover.

message 3: by Dita (new)

Dita Haha...you find the best gifs

megs_bookrack Dita wrote: "Haha...you find the best gifs" Hahaha! I find they're the best way to showcase my highly dramatic emotions 😀😂

message 5: by Dita (new)

Dita 😂😂

message 6: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine So lucky!! Enjoy luv!!! Can't wait to read💋😉👍

megs_bookrack Kat wrote: "So lucky!! Enjoy luv!!! Can't wait to read💋😉👍" It's really fun so far, Kat. I hope you can get your hands on a copy soon! I think you would enjoy it! xo

message 8: by Dita (new)

Dita That cover!!

megs_bookrack Dita wrote: "That cover!!" Yes, I love the cover and now cannot wait for the next book!!!

message 10: by Dita (new)

Dita 🙌🙌🙌