Carol (Reading Ladies)'s Reviews > Looking for Me

Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman

Looking For Me is a gentle and heartfelt story exploring family dynamics, following your dream/passions, and coping with loss. The main character, Teddi, is determined and resourceful, and willing to take risks to pursue her dream even though she is torn between family loyalty, searching for her missing brother, and carving out a life for herself. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt motivated me to read more from this author; however, Looking For Me cannot be compared to SCCH because they are uniquely different stories.

If you love hunting for or restoring antique furniture, there will be extra enjoyable content for you. The first part of the story is heavily character driven and rich in vivid descriptions of charming Charleston and rural Kentucky farm settings. Late in the story, the author introduces a little romance.

Looking For Me is a quiet story with poignant themes that include mother/daughter relationships, sibling loyalty, finding your voice, pursuing dreams, independence, loss, regret, animal rescue and preservation, family dynamics, the kindness of strangers, sacrifice, friendship, and finding your soul mate.

If you need a break from intense reads or a relaxing vacation read, this could work well for you. Although it might fall into the women's fiction category, it is not chick lit light.

For more reviews visit my blog: www.readingladies.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Looking for Me.

February 22, 2019 – Shelved
February 22, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
May 31, 2019 – Started Reading
June 8, 2019 –
June 9, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Mimi I enjoyed this one. Not memorable, and I couldn't tell you much about it now, but it was a quick, sweet read.

Carol (Reading Ladies) Mimi: Some reads are like that! We enjoy them at the moment and can’t remember them a few weeks later. The unique premise of an antique shop might jog my memory in a few months!

Mimi Carol: I read it on an airplane, and it was definitely the right book for that time!
Yes, I do remember an antique shop.

Carol (Reading Ladies) Mimi: perfect airplane read! 👍😍