destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]'s Reviews > Bloom

Bloom by Kevin Panetta

I don't know why or how I waited as long as I did to pick up Bloom, because this has to be one of my new favorite graphic novels of all time. The art is stunning, the characters are so precious and lovable, and I adored the rep (a Greek gay MC, a Samoan gay love interest, and multiple side characters of color).

This is definitely a more character- than plot-driven story, so if you're like me and you prefer character-driven reads, this one will be right up your alley; not a ton of drama or conflict goes on, but it's more focused on Ari coming to terms with what makes him happy and who he wants to be, and his slow-budding relationship with Hector.

I honestly cannot recommend this soft, sweet little queer romance highly enough. I adored these two and know I'll be revisiting Bloom many times in the future just because I'm already missing Ari & Hector a little bit!

Thank you so much to the publisher & Amazon Vine for providing me with this review copy in exchange for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloom.

February 22, 2019 – Shelved
August 18, 2019 – Shelved as: so-pretty
August 18, 2019 – Shelved as: young-adult
August 18, 2019 – Finished Reading
February 16, 2020 – Shelved as: review-copies

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Becca I got this from my library & cant wait to read it!

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries] Becca wrote: "I got this from my library & cant wait to read it!"

I hope you love it!!!

Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.) I'm so glad to see you enjoyed this one, sweetheart! I think it sounds SO adorable, I'm dying to read it 😍

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries] Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.) wrote: "I'm so glad to see you enjoyed this one, sweetheart! I think it sounds SO adorable, I'm dying to read it 😍"

It is SOOO precious! I hope you get to read it soon! ♥