Tiera McMillian's Reviews > Verity

Verity by Colleen Hoover

bookshelves: feb2019

This book kind of blew me away! Twisted and creeptastic ride into imagined self absorption and sociopathy. I was expecting romance.. I was not expecting this gut wrenching, horror/suspense and the bone chilling confessions revealed in this book. I was so intrigued and at the same time disturbed and horrified out I just couldn't stop reading, all the while peeking through fingers because I didn't want to see anymore. I felt such a wide range of emotions so quickly I was catching some whiplash from my own mood swings. Afterwards I felt rode hard and put up wet.. and well basically speechless lol, sitting there in my shock.

Introvert writer and FMC, Lowen, is recovering from her mother's death when on her first day out she witness a gruesome pedestrian vs car accident. Helped by a handsome stranger they speak and have a heart wrenching moment where they each confess their tragedy's, his being the loss of his daughter, before going their separate ways only to amazingly meet up later in a meeting where Jeremy wants to hire Lowen to "co-write" and finish a series of books that his wife, also an author, started and is unable to finish due to a car accident. Against her better judgement she takes the job and journeys to their home to dig through "Verity's" office and start her work. Upon arriving she sees a family on the edge of madness and despair, Verity needing 24 hour care, unable to move, speak, or interact at all with her environment. Jeremy barely handling his depression over his 2 lost daughters, and his remaining son Crew caught up in their tragic life. All is not what it seems however, this is truly a house of horrors. As things begin happening that make Low start to doubt that Verity is actually in the condition she seems to be in, she begins reading Verity's "autobiography" and discovers some horrifying details about the authors past, as well as her relationship with Jeremy. At the same time she experiences this weird envy to be her. As details begin unfolding the terrifying truth comes to light, but her heart is already set on another woman's husband... But what is truth and what is lies.. and is anyone really a good guy? What will you choose to believe in the end.

This book got me all kinds of twisted by the end and then chewed me, tied me and spit me out! Such a great read, though intensely nerve racking!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Verity.

February 22, 2019 – Started Reading