megs_bookrack's Reviews > The Burning Shadow

The Burning Shadow by Jennifer L. Armentrout

WHAT THE...

Holy smokes! The revelations...

I need my head to stop spinning so I can see my screen to type this.

Picking up directly after the events of The Darkest Star, this book delves deeper into Evie Dasher's past, as she questions blank spots in her memory and where she came from.

Now constantly by each other's side, Evie and Luc, continue to grow closer and as she finally comes to grips with her feelings for him, he lets his true self shine more and more.

In the midst of investigating her own identity, a greater threat comes seemingly out of nowhere.

A highly infectious virus sweeps across the world, infecting humans, killing many and turning others into Walking Dead type nightmares.

The government blames the Luxen for the disease and discrimination against them flourishes.

After armed men invade her home, Evie is forced to flee all she has ever known and goes into hiding with Luc and a group of like-minded Luxen.

This was an excellent continuation to the Origin series. It did its job as far as a sequel goes by introducing interesting new characters and upping the stakes.

This one definitely made me want to go back and read the original, Lux, series, as I feel like it would help, at this point, for me to know more about the events that brought the Luxen and humans to where they are now.

Considering the third book in this series doesn't release until October, I think I have just enough time to complete the Lux portion.

If you love teen angst, witty banter, high body counts and shocking revelations, you should definitely consider checking this series out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Burning Shadow.

February 22, 2019 – Shelved
February 22, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
March 16, 2020 – Started Reading
March 16, 2020 –
6.0% "Probably should have refreshed my memory of the first book! So lost...😆😂"
14.0% "Oh, lovely.
I didn't know this was about a mysterious flu-like virus coming in and taking out a bunch of humans.
How fitting.
🤦‍♀️😰"
March 17, 2020 –
25.0% "A little slow moving, but I am still into it."
March 17, 2020 –
28.0% "A supernatural zombie flu with levitation as a symptom!!!!!

Now we're gettin' somewhere!

"
March 18, 2020 –
44.0% "There's so much angst. I love it."
March 19, 2020 –
56.0% "This is some crazy shit."
March 19, 2020 –
72.0% "A lot of bodies dropping in this one! There's not going to be anybody left."
March 21, 2020 –
90.0% "That's it! I have to go back and read the original Lux series while I impatiently await the 3rd book in this series!"
March 23, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Dita (new)

Dita Yay!!

megs_bookrack Dita wrote: "Yay!!" Isn't it gorgeous!!! So happy with the color!

message 3: by Dita (new)

Dita Absolutely!

message 4: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Valentine I can't wait to read!!!💖💋

megs_bookrack Kat wrote: "I can't wait to read!!!💖💋"
I know, right!? So excited! I need to get to Storm & Fury first though!!! xo