Kim Childress's Reviews > 101 Ways to Conquer Teen Anxiety: Simple Tips, Techniques and Strategies for Overcoming Anxiety, Worry and Panic Attacks

101 Ways to Conquer Teen Anxiety by Thomas McDonagh

4951900

bookshelves: inspirational, nonfiction, self-help, mental-disorders, anxiety, mental-issues-in-kid-lit

Among the many helpful tips and ideas offered by the author Thomas McDonagh, a licensed clinical psychologist in the San Francisco area; and Patrick Hatcher, a humorist who has experienced anxiety first-hand--and has Masters in many medically related fields (listed in author bio info), so he backs up the quick and relatable tips with scientific research and updated studies. I love this book because you can literally open it up on any page and get something out from it. Each chapter has numbered "coping techniques" and tips to overcome anxiety. As a sufferer of "anxiety disorder" myself, I had already learned (and use!) many of the ideas presented through my own therapy and while working with my daughter through an intensive DBT class. I learned a lot, and I believe this book really does have take-away for all ages who can read. With new technologies and the reality of the pervasive (and invasive?) social media world--especially for children and teens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 101 Ways to Conquer Teen Anxiety.

February 22, 2019 – Started Reading