Jenny (Reading Envy)'s Reviews > Double Awesome Chinese Food: Irresistible and Totally Achievable Recipes from Our Chinese-American Kitchen

Double Awesome Chinese Food by Margaret Li

bookshelves: asia2019, read2019, foodie, reviewcopy, ebooks, around-the-world, location-china

One of my favorite things to order at our local Chinese restaurant is the scallion pancake. Flaky, greasy, salty, delicious. I could not pass up the chance to try my hand at scallion pancakes from this cookbook! (You can see my attempt at JennyBakes. I felt more successful this time around because there are very helpful step by step photos for the recipes.

Other recipes I am interested in trying:
-Dan Dan Noodles with Crispy Pork Belly and Brussels Sprouts
-Carrot Coconut Soup
-Hot and Sour Borscht
-Harvest Moon Curry

I received a copy of this from the publisher through NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Awesome Chinese Food.

February 22, 2019 – Started Reading
February 25, 2019 – Shelved as: ebooks
February 25, 2019 – Shelved as: reviewcopy
February 25, 2019 – Shelved as: around-the-world
February 25, 2019 – Shelved as: location-china

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I LOVE scallion pancakes! (Especially with an egg fried on top) I'll have to check out this book from my library and snag some recipes from it.

Jenny (Reading Envy) Amanda wrote: "I LOVE scallion pancakes! (Especially with an egg fried on top) I'll have to check out this book from my library and snag some recipes from it."

It seems pretty accessible, and they use a lot of farmers market type ingredients.

Hmm I'll have to try fried egg on top!

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri Your review made me hungry! :.))