Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > The Risk

The Risk by S.T. Abby

Ooooh! Shakin' in my boots!

I am giddy. Beyond giddy. At 19% in I audibly laughed, and knew then that this was going to be a treat!
I let this sit and sit in my TBR. Why? Because I like my alpha reads, and was not excited about the prospect of a female killer/male FBI agent. In a suspense? Heck yeah! In a romantic suspense? Eh... kinda like a bucket of ice water to the nether area.
But, I sit corrected. I tore through this first book in one day, and the minute I finish this review will be diving in to the second. I should have picked this series up months ago! Out of 934 books in my Goodreads TBR (sadly, that is not an exaggeration) the books in this series all reside in the top 36 books when sorted by ratings. That is huge, people. Huge. For serious.
I am thoroughly enjoying the witty banter/dialogue. The writing is solid. The characters are intriguing- we have a bit of back story, but not much. The incident that serves as the driving force for the heroine is alluded to, but we still don't know what happened.
I'm left with so many questions! And also, the giddiness of a 5-star induced reader's high!
I am so glad I finally started this series! Definitely recommended!

Find me at:
Facebook: https://fb.me/amandamariereads
Blog: http://amandamariereads.blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Risk.

February 22, 2019 – Shelved