Ari's Reviews > Bennett Mafia

12016968

liked it
bookshelves: anti-heroes, coulda-been-betah

3.5 where did I go wrong stars

So.. I'm a bit underwhelmed. I was expecting something to blow me away, but instead, I barely felt anything but the overwhelming feeling of meh. But since I am very sleepy, and it is very late, I'll keep this short and sweet:
♣ I don't like how Riley is so indecisive about everything, and literally how little effort she makes in running away. Aka the fight that Kai loves so much is one I just didn't see.

♣ The scenes could've been structured more elaborately, and mostly, I really am not a big fan of how easily the scenes and the story wandered off so many times. Imagine if it were my head taking a stroll through the rose gardens while I was reading this book. It would be terrible.And pointless and a waste of everyone's time.

♣ The ending. I really fucking hate how easily Riley just succumbs to Kai after the way he hurt her, and she looses everything because of him. I'm really not a fan of that rushed closing chapters. Whatever happened to making a man grovel?!

I honestly was expecting more than this based on everyone's reviews, but since this is all we have, we'll have to settle.
Overall verdict: meh

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bennett Mafia.

February 21, 2019 – Shelved
March 22, 2019 – Started Reading
March 23, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Kayla Brunson I can understand what you mean about how she gave into Kai. I expected way more of a grand gesture or something!

message 2: by Ari (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ari Kayla wrote: "I can understand what you mean about how she gave into Kai. I expected way more of a grand gesture or something!"

Hear hear sister!

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth I'm impressed it's still a 3.5 rating :D :D
I think Tijan is one of those you either love or hate..

BokaniSak*BookWhore i know right!!! kai didnt even grovel a tiny bit-not even.. i hated that bloody ending.. also, i think the book would have been better served in dual POV cause i just wasn't convinced about Kai's feelings. this dude's game needed to be benched in as far as i'm concerned. Also, was he really a badboy, cause he's conscious was too much in the way for a bad mafia boy (maybe i just like my mafia book-men a little more evil, self loving and uncaring with a demon for a conscious). Great Review btw:)

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ This author is really problematic for me so I often stay away.. Sorry this was meh, but great honest review, love <3

message 6: by Lin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lin Lyn Same sentiment - although I gave it a 4.

message 7: by Ari (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ari Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth wrote: "I'm impressed it's still a 3.5 rating :D :D
I think Tijan is one of those you either love or hate.."

Amen Astrid

message 8: by Ari (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ari Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ wrote: "This author is really problematic for me so I often stay away.. Sorry this was meh, but great honest review, love <3"

I feel like I should do the same as well

message 9: by Ari (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ari BokaniSak*BookWhore wrote: "i know right!!! kai didnt even grovel a tiny bit-not even.. i hated that bloody ending.. also, i think the book would have been better served in dual POV cause i just wasn't convinced about Kai's f..."

UGH I KNOW RIGHT!!!

message 10: by Ari (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ari Lin wrote: "Same sentiment - although I gave it a 4."

Po-ta-to. Po-tah-to.