Kirstie's Reviews > King of Scars

King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo

bookshelves: fantasy, strong-female-characters

This review won't be as good as I'd like it to be because I'm writing it weeks after reading the book (I read it while cleaning before leaving for a two week road trip holiday I've just returned from ;p )

I love the world, the alternate Russia-style country, the political intrigue (that guard! *weep*!) and complexities.

Nikolai is such fun as a character, I love the cocky flirt who is actually somewhat a front for a hyper competent (insert profession here, in this case ruler) characters. Most of the characters were similarly awesome but names have leaked out of my brain - I swear I'll reread this book and write a better review >.<

I got a super Rasputin-y feel from 'The Darkling' and wasn't sure if I was getting that vibe because of the alternate Russia world building or if it was intentional by the author. Especially with the whole (view spoiler)

I only just found out the book follows on from a trilogy, but I can confirm it stands alone very well.

Definitely looking forward to the next volume and planing to track down the previous books ASAP.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King of Scars.

February 7, 2019 – Started Reading