John's Reviews > The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder

The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder by Vincent Bugliosi

Jul 14, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: audiobook, politics

This is one case where I'd recommend the print version over the audio - the author repeats himself in slightly different ways, so I was wishing I could have (effectively) skimmed through the book. The technical details of the process of a hypothetical prosecution of Bush were, frankly, tedious.
One of the more interesting points raised concerned why Bush got such high ratings for promising to go after Bin Laden, when a) wasn't that his job anyway? and b) he'd blown off the whole terrorism thing, almost defiantly, since taking office!
Bugliosi dismisses conspiracy theorists outright in one sweeping sentence, however, he does at one point throw out the possibility that Bush may have been in shock that day after realizing that he'd been "double crossed" by his many Saudi chums. The author also leaves the door slightly ajar on the possibility that the neocons (yes, you, Mr. Veep!) might not have been so sorry this happened, with that day's casualties being "martyrs" to said cause.
I wouldn't recommend paying full price for it (mine was a library download), but if the book's available free or used, it'd be worth looking into.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder.

July 14, 2008 – Shelved