Karen's Reviews > I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening): A Guide to Grace-Filled Political Conversations

I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening) by Sarah Stewart Holland

190448

I have never heard of these authors, nor have I listened to their podcast but I always love the idea of grace-filled conversations in any area, let alone politics. I had a few friends mention this so I thought it would be a good read.

And it was. There are some thought provoking recommendations here specific to politics but the premise of adding nuance and not being extremist and not completely ruling out a person based on categories we put them into, being comfortable with the uncomfortable, exiting the echo chamber and getting curious are applicable in every area of being human. So we can all learn something from this book.

For those of you, like me, who have not listened to these authors before, I want to mention that there are references to religion and scripture in the book. I am not religious (and have a different religion than the authors) and this didn't bother me or take away from the book in the least but I always think it's important to mention so people are aware and don't write off the whole book on account of that.

It's a well-organized, thought-provoking book and a very worthwhile read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening).

February 21, 2019 – Shelved