Corina's Reviews > Twice in a Blue Moon

Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren

bookshelves: standalone, hollywood, second-chance

It's a sign of my devotion to all things Christina Lauren that I'm nowadays going blind into their books. I don't need to read the blurb or know anything else except that it is a CL book. That's all I need to be excited and incredibly happy to start a new Christian Lauren book.

Over the last two years I've become a huge fan of all things Christina Lauren. And even though I enjoy all of their novels, I have a weakness for their more serious, thoughtful and moving novels, like Love and Other Words.

Twice in a Blue Moon very much reminded me of LAOW.

I don't read second chance romances often enough to be an expert, but Tate and Sam's story was touching, moving and beautiful. They needed a second chance. It was like neither was able to move on without the other. Both of them already found THE ONE, now it was just a case of letting the past be the past and moving on! The circumstances might have been unfortunate but the endgame was already written in the stars.

I love Hollywood inspired novels. It's like getting a glimpse of how it's done in Hollywood. Moreover I enjoyed all the movie related details about the set, the crew, the process.

Although part of the story was mostly about Tate's journey, it didn't take away from the overall beautifully crafted love story between the two star-crossed lovers. Instead it allowed for a more deeply insight into Tate's life after the tumultuous event in London. The past and present collided in a very emotional, and heart tugging way. And I had a hard time putting the book down, which made going to work really inconvenient.

With each CL book, it has become clearer, that their standalone novels are some of my favorites of all in this industry. I'm always looking forward to the next, excited to see what it will be about, because each one is unique, distinctive and compelling in its own way. Twice in a Blue Moon was no exception.

The one thing I always lament about is the missing epilogue. The ending comes way too soon, I'm always unprepared and need just a little more time to say goodbye to my favorite characters.

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

ARC generously provided in exchange for an honest review.

For more book recommendations, follow me on Instagram

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twice in a Blue Moon.

February 21, 2019 – Shelved
February 21, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
May 22, 2019 – Started Reading
May 25, 2019 – Shelved as: standalone
May 25, 2019 – Shelved as: hollywood
May 25, 2019 – Shelved as: second-chance
May 25, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Klaudine (new) - added it

Klaudine oh my gosh you've read it already? you're so lucky!!

The Masked Reader Ugh I am craving to read now...

Corina Klaudine wrote: "oh my gosh you've read it already? you're so lucky!!"

Klaudine, I felt lucky too!!!! xoxo

Corina Javelyn wrote: "Ugh I am craving to read now..."

The wait is soon over :D