Taylor's Reviews > Passion and Ink

Passion and Ink by Naima Simone

Something Sweetly Unexpected

There’s things you expect going into a novel when you’ve read a certain author before... but this book... this book caught me so off guard in the least expected way. It took about half a day to figure out what this stirred up inside of me... and then I burst into tears. It wasn’t even what people probably think it’s about... no this is about the relationship, or lack thereof, Cypress has with her father... there was something so personal in those passages that it struck such a deep blow for me and how I view my relationship with my own father... I wish there was a way I could have a conversation with own... that could cross state lines and hundreds of miles... but that isn’t for today. In the end, you shouldn’t have to fight to have that person be a part of your life if they want to be there.

This book was beautiful in that it showed that love is love... even if others don’t understand it at first. Cypress and Jude, even though unconventional, portray what love should be - kind, supportive, and true. Even when one half may be self-destructing - loving them through it and allowing them to grow can be the best thing you can do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Passion and Ink.

February 20, 2019 – Shelved