Jewels ♥ My Devastating Reads's Reviews > Nightfall

Nightfall by Ellen Connor

Feb 04, 2012

bookshelves: i-m-in-love-with-this-series, paranormal-romance
Recommended for: urban fantasy fans, romance fans
Read on February 05, 2012 — I own a copy

Loved, loved this book! Thought the premise was great, but I was a bit concerned the story could turn into a let down, but it didn't. The story was suspenseful and there was a supernatural element that I wasn't expecting, that added a bit of the fantastical to what could have been a really stark sort of story.

Now, I am giving this book 5 stars because it was so damn thrilling. That said, I'm not a hundred percent sure about the main characters. Mason I get, and I can deal with him. He makes sense to me. Not the sort I'd jump into bed with, but he's written like a real person. It was Jenna I couldn't quite get a grip on, even by the end of the novel. Despite the fact that we get the find out a lot of what's going on in her head, something about her struck me as two dimensional. Frankly, I was able to relate to Tru and Angela and Welsh more than I could to her. They seemed to have distinct personalities and histories (as did Mason) but with Jenna I kinda had the feeling that she was just a focal character for the plot to pivot around. Maybe it had to do with her weird courtship of John, (very push and pull) or that fact that she changes after she's bitten, but I couldn't quite figure her out. Still, it was a great read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightfall.