Ellyn → Allonsythornraxx's Reviews > The Unhoneymooners

29281984

bookshelves: romance, i-recommend, stars-5

05/06/2019
4.5 ⭐
I haven't read a romance in a while so I decided to buddy read this with the amazing Malka and I am SO glad I did because we had a blast chatting about this book together!
I had so much fun reading this and will 100% be buying my own copy to re-read in the future. Everything from the relatable MC to the hilarious banter was so much fun to read!

The only thing I'll say, is that while I found Olive's stress-baking particularly relatable and appreciated her being a "bigger" character, I would have appreciated the authors actually clarifying whether or not she was plus-size, especially because there are so few plus size women (or men, for that matter) in romance media. You don't get the credit, if you don't put in the work.

[UPDATE - Check out this link for another perspective on the weight conversation: https://mobile.twitter.com/kerribookb...]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unhoneymooners.

February 19, 2019 – Shelved
February 19, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
June 2, 2019 – Started Reading
June 2, 2019 –
page 73
18.48% "Buddy reading this with Malka @ Paper Procrastinators

I am having SO MUCH FUN!"
June 3, 2019 –
page 259
65.57% "All I wanna do rn is keep reading but, I have to take a break bc I'm dying from the cuteness! I'm reading a library copy but I'm genuinely contemplating buying my own copy so I can re-read it later!"
June 3, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
June 3, 2019 – Shelved as: i-recommend
June 4, 2019 –
page 259
65.57% "It just occurred to me that this would make a perfect Netflix rom-com that I would no doubt binge the shit out of."
June 5, 2019 – Finished Reading