Library Quine's Reviews > Angelica Sprocket's Pockets

Angelica Sprocket's Pockets by Quentin Blake

4193898
Feb 04, 2012

bookshelves: junior-picture-books, flannel-board-potential, british-books-challenge

A fun exploration of the eclectic contents of Angelia Sprocket's pockets in rhyme. Contents include: alligators, boats, cheese, cooking utensils, ducks, elephants, goats, hankies, hats, ice cream, mice, motor horns, skateboards, swimming costumes, umbrellas, even the kitchen sink, so will fit in with a variety of storytime themes. The beautiful coat has a host of pockets of all shapes and sizes and would make a spectacular looking (if enormous) flannel board story. The illustrations are amusing and stylish, so it would be a shame to miss out on them though. Maybe a flannel could be used to discuss what would or wouldn't fit in a pocket! However, I found the rhyming text a little difficult to scan in places, and I felt the urge to leave out some of the words. E.g. "There's a pocket for mice, and a pocket for cheese, and a pocket for hankies in case [anyone feels that] they're going to sneeze." If you try it, let me know if you agree or disagree.
Read to Nursery classes 24/Feb/2012.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelica Sprocket's Pockets.