Heather Book Savvy Babe's Reviews > A Breach of Promise

A Breach of Promise by Victoria Vane

Feb 04, 2012

bookshelves: historical-romance, review-on-blog, romance, erotic-romance, reading-romances-challenge-2012
Read in February, 2012

A Breach of Promise is a romance reader's tasty treat with charismatic characters and a sensual seduction wrapped up in a Georgian romance novella. Lady Lydia is tired of waiting around for her betrothed, Lord Marcus, to finally marry her. In her frustration, she calls off the engagement, to the surprise of Lord Marcus. Marcus realizes that he must fix the situation and woo Lydia back. When he meets Lydia again, he realizes that the young girl he knew is now a woman. A woman he hurt who is determined to be done with him. Marcus realizes the only way to keep her might be to ruin her.

I was enchanted with this story from the very beginning. Lydia does start out as a very young, naive woman. However, during the 6 years Marcus is gone, she studies, educates herself, and grows into a lovely, intelligent Lady. I am proud of her for standing up to Marcus and trying to call the engagement off. I only wish that she had made him work a little bit harder in earning her back. Marcus, he is arrogant as all get out, and very annoying at first. However, Lydia puts him in his place, and Marcus has to grow up. The chemistry and sexual heat between Lydia and Marcus is never a problem. The sensual scenes provide plenty of heat in this short story. A Breach of Promise is a book that readers will happily read in one sitting.

With sizzling sexual heat and a determined heroine, A Breach of Promise is a highly entertaining historical novella. Romance readers, if you need a quick read, I recommend A Breach of Promise.

*I received this book for review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Breach of Promise.